Friday, May 7, 2010

I Used my EVP Machine!


 by Bobby Elgee; Sights Unseen Paranormal 

Today, I used my EVP machine and it recorded a ghost's voice. I also utilized my Ghost Image Capture Device to take a picture of a ghost. Another investigator used an Electric Detector that picks up spirit energy. I also used my Indoor Battery-Powered Illuminator--fancily called 'a torch' by our friends across the pond--to light up some ghosts in a dark room. We also used an interesting invention, a Television Spirit Capture Device, which records video of dead people. Finally, we analyzed all this research data on a computer that is specifically set up with programs--like Photoshop and Itunes--that help to find ghosts. 

Does the above paragraph sound as asinine and ignorant to you as it does to me? Interestingly enough, there are ghost hunting teams that use language similar to what I've typed above. To me, reading a paragraph like this makes a couple of things painfully obvious: 

1. The person writing it has absolutely no technical expertise whatsoever. 

2. They aren't even coming close to practicing debunking. For people like this, everything is a ghost. 

Sorry, for venting...the moral to this story is KNOW YOUR EQUIPMENT. I have a lot to learn, that's why I do research, read my owner's manuals, and depend on experts and consultants to help me research potential evidence. 

None of the technology used in ghost hunting was originally designed to find ghosts. Be accurate in your description of the equipment you use. Know what it was originally designed for, and the theory behind using it to detect possibly paranormal events. 

Otherwise, you risk looking like a fool. Not sure about you, but I'm enough of a goof ball as it is, so I like to cover all my bases. 

Now, you'll have to excuse me because my Electoplasma Initiator/Personal Massager is ringing.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails